2021NSMQ: Daniel Kekeli Gakpetor wins the Academic City Presidential Scholarship worth $40,000 as Best Contestant
Legon- based Presbyterian Boys Senior High School’s most decorated contestant, Daniel Kekeli Gagkpetor has been adjudged the Best Contestant for the 2021 National Science and Maths Quiz Competition.
Daniel, who is been described as the ”GAKPETOR EFFECT” during the competition won the Academic City Presidential Scholarship worth $40,000 as the Best Contestant.
The Big Win
The Legon-based Presbyterian Boys Senior High School has defeated Cape coast based Adisadel College and Kumasi based Opoku Ware Senior High School to lift their 6th National Science and Maths Quiz Trophy on Thursday, October 8, 2021.
The longest-running independent program on Ghanaian television was broadcast live on Multimedia Group’s JoyNews and live-streamed on all NSMQ social media platforms. The event was well attended by dignitaries and stakeholders of Ghana’s education sector.
The event saw other Scjoos and Contestants winning several awards to their credit.
Below is the List of Awards Recipients
1. Best Contestant
the Academic City Presidential Scholarship
Daniel Gakpetor Kekeli
2. Dr Kwaku Mensah-Bonsu Award for Most Impressive Run
Aburi Presby SHTS
3. Prof. Maria Awurama Addy for the Best Team
4. Jacob and Elizabeth Bamfo Memorial Award for Most Impressive Run (Teachers)
Aburi Presby SHTS
5. Three months supply of assorted Dano Milk products*
Boa Amponsem SHS
6. Eugene Arhin’s (Director of Communications at the Presidency) Speed Award
PRESEC, Legon: GHc5,000
7. Adansi Travels package for all three schools
A trip abroad
8. MEDIFEM Multi Specialist and Fertility Centre package for all finalists
One year full Medical care
9. ABSA BANK SPECIAL AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE
PRESEC, Legon: GHc40,000
10. THIRD PLACE
Walks home with GHc20,000 for the school; GHc15,000 for the contestants and GHc15,000 for the teachers
They also receive bronze medals
OPOKU WARE SCHOOL
11. SECOND PLACE
Walks home with GHc30,000 for the school; GHc17,000 for the contestants and GHc17,000 for the teachers
They also receive silver medals
*12. FIRST PLACE*
Walks home with GHc 40,000 for the school; GHc20,000 for the contestants and GHc20,000 for the teachers
And Gold medals.