ABSA Bursaries 2022
ABSA Bursaries 2022
The ABSA Bursary provides for the best performers’ financial support to enable students to complete their education. Moreover, the applicants have the potential to get employed by ABSA as soon as they receive their degree qualification. This bursary is for those specializing in the following fields of study:
- Computer Science
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology (IT)
- Risk Management
The financial assistance is given to students who qualify include:
- University accredited accommodation or Full university accommodation.
- Registration and tuition fees.
- Allocation for textbooks.
- Meal allowance.
- Transport allowance.
- Buddying system to help students through their study journies.
- Soft-skills training for easier and faster integration into employment.
- Relevant exposure in the workplace through structured vacation work.
- Access to a comprehensive range of counseling services offered by ICAS.
The Amalgamated Banks of South Africa (ABSA) group was born when four of South Africa’s most utilized banks joined forces in 1991 and became part of the Barclays Bank Group in 2005. The bank is active in 12 countries across the continent. The bank also has an international presence in London and New York.
ABSA offers personal, business and retail/corporate banking services. The group is actively involved in the economic development of the countries in which it operates. This includes supporting and empowering its clients, removing obstacles for clients to access secure, efficient transactions as well as credit and insurance solutions.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
The ABSA Bursary annually selects a special group of top-performing and talented students. This program provides them with financial assistance to enable them to complete their education. Additionally, if a student can qualify with ABSA’s requirements, they can potentially pursue a career with the company upon graduation. Requirements to qualify for the ABSA Bursary are:
- Being a citizen of South Africa.
- Completed Matric.
- Having a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in one of the aforementioned fields of study.
- Studying at one of the recognised Universities in South Africa
- Has a minimum overall average of 75%.
How to Apply and Application Details
Students who want to apply for the ABSA Bursaries should do so by clicking here.
Before applying, students must first register and login to the account they have created. Apart from this, student applicants must submit copies of supporting documentation including:
- A certified copy of an ID document.
- A certified copy of their Matric.
- A certified copy of their complete tertiary academic record.
- An original copy of their Curriculum Vitae.
These are requirements. If any of these aren’t submitted along with the online form, the student’s application might get disregarded.
30 August 2020
Address: 3rd Floor Absa Towers East 170 Main Street Johannesburg Gauteng Province 2001 South Africa
Tel: 011 501-5089