African App Launchpad Cup for African Game/App Developers
Competition for African Startups on App and Game Development
About African App Launchpad
The President of Egypt, Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, announced the African App Launchpad initiative within the closing ceremony of the World Youth Forum (WYF) 2018 on Nov 6, 2018 in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
The African App Launchpad (AAL) initiative is an Africa-wide platform aiming to build capacity of Youth from Egypt and other African States and foster establishment of sustainable startups in the area of the advanced ever-changing app and game technologies.
AAL Cup for African Game/App Developers
Aim and Benefits of AAL Cup for African Game/App Developers
- $72k Total Cash Prizes for Winners
- Business planning training by GrindStone
- Acceleration Program by Microsoft through THINKROOM
- Access to VCs for top winning startups
Requirements for AAL Cup for African Game/App Developers Qualification
- Eligible Africa Countries:Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, The Gambia, Nigeria, Togo and Uganda.
- Apply as Teams or Startups up to 2 Years Old
- Team Size not Less than 2 Members
- A Working Prototype at least is a Must
The submitted applications as well as pitching will be judged on the 4 following areas
- Innovation Originality/Creativity
- Business Model
- Art and/or Design of the Game/App
- Team Competencies.
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
November 22, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to African App Launchpad on techleaders.eg to apply
For more details, visit AAL website.