African Reinsurance Corporation 2021 Young Insurance Professionals Programme for Young Africans
Every year, successful candidates for the Young Insurance Professionals Programme will undergo a one-year training programme with a “stretch/learning assignment” built in, where they will gain valuable on-the- job experience
The Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) is one of several ways Africa Re fulfils one of its missions to foster the development of the insurance and reinsurance industry in Africa. The YIPP is a starting point for an exciting career in the industry. It is a unique opportunity for young people with passion for insurance and reinsurance and the potential to become future leaders.
The programme is expected to positively impact participants to:
- Understand the Reinsurance industry and their future missions with regard to strong leadership, governance and accountability;
- Develop a constructive approach to competition in the African reinsurance markets by reducing some poor practices and approaches;
- Improve professionalism
About About African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re)
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan – African Reinsurance Company and the largest re-insurer in Africa and the Middle East in terms of net reinsurance written premiums. Africa Re was established on 24th February 1976 by 36 member States of the then Organization of African Unity (OAU) and the African Development Bank (AfDB) with the mission of fostering the development of the insurance and reinsurance industry in Africa, promoting the growth of the national, regional and sub-regional underwriting and retention capacities and supporting African economy.
Africa Re Young Insurance Professionals Programme
Aim and Benefits of Africa Re Young Insurance Professionals Programme
- Africa Re will sponsor the top ten young professionals, who successfully complete the YIPP programme, to one of the major insurance/reinsurance events in Africa (AIO, FANAF);
- A certificate of completion issued by Africa Re and the London School of Insurance;
- Accelerated career development in the industry.
Requirements for Africa Re Young Insurance Professionals Programme Qualification
To be eligible for the Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP);
- Citizen of a member state of Africa Re;
- Maximum 32 years of age;
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent;
- Relevant work experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, insurance broking firm or other related field;
- Access to the internet;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French.
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
November 15, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to About African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) on younginsurancepro.com to apply
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit an online application between 15 October and 15 November 2021 by logging on to this link here
For more details, visit Africa Re website