Al Jazeera Fellowship Program 2021/2022 for Journalists & Scholars
Applications are now open for the Al Jazeera Fellowship Program 2021 for journalists.
Application Deadline: 7th December 2021
About the Award: The Al Jazeera Fellowship is designed to give journalists and scholars the opportunity to write a 7,000-word research paper on selected fields of journalism. Successful applicants will:
- Join a team within AJMN and experience the working environment first-hand.
- Meet with editors, journalists and other staff, relevant to their research proposal.
Eligibility: Full-time journalists and researchers with a background in media or social sciences.
Selection: A committee will review applications and select the most competent candidates, based on the fulfilment of eligibility criteria and the relevance of the applicant’s research proposal to AJMN and journalism in general. The committee will be made up of members of the AJMI, which includes representatives from Al Jazeera Arabic, Al Jazeera English and Al Jazeera’s Digital Division.
Eligible Countries: Any
To be Taken at (Country): Doha, Qatar.
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award: The grant covers:
1) Roundtrip airfare from fellow’s city of residence to Doha, Qatar.
2) Accommodation expenses for 3 months in Doha, including lodging, meals and transportation hotel-Al Jazeera-hotel. The Visiting Journalist fellowship does not grant any financial support to fellows. Candidates who have the means of subsistence for coming and spending one month in Doha and meet eligibility criteria and all requirements are welcome to apply.
Duration of Award: 3 months (Feb 1 – May 1 2021)
How to Apply: Al Jazeera Fellowship
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.