AngloGold Ashanti is an independent, global mining company with operations and projects on four continents.
AngloGold Ashanti, with its head office in South Africa, is an independent, global gold mining company with a diverse, high-quality portfolio of operations, projects and exploration activities across nine countries on four continents. While gold is our principal product, we also produce silver (Argentina) and sulphuric acid (Brazil) as by-products. In Colombia, feasibility studies are currently underway at two of our projects, one of which will produce both gold and copper.
AngloGold Ashanti at a glance
- Third-largest gold producer globally and the largest on the African continent, producing 3.047Moz of gold and employing an average of 36,952 people (incl. contractors) in 2020
- Responsible gold miner, in partnerships with host communities and governments – we aim to create value for all our stakeholders over the long term
- Listed on the Johannesburg, New York, Australian and Ghana stock exchanges
- A geographically diverse shareholder base includes the world’s largest financial institutions
- Market capitalisation of $9.4bn as at 31 December 2020
- Included in the JSE Top 40 Index, the S&P Global CSA, the FTSE/JSE Responsible Investment Index Series (the FTSE4Good Index), the Responsible Mining Index and the Bloomberg 2021 Gender-Equality Index
- Obuasi redevelopment achieved first gold pour in December 2019
- Sale of South African assets completed in September 2020
- Morila in Mali sold in November 2020
- Sadiola in Mali sold in December 2020
Our strategy and investment case
OUR FIVE KEY STRATEGIC FOCUS AREAS
Five key strategic focus areas have been identified to enable us to deliver on our overall strategic objective – to generate sustained and improved cash flows and returns over the longer term. These strategic areas, which guide decision-making, are aimed at generating increased cash flows; extending mine lives; creating an organic pipeline of economically viable orebodies; and enhancing our licence to operate. The overall aim is creating and preserving value for all our stakeholders.
- Focus on people, safety and sustainability – People are the foundation of our business. To remain sustainable in the long term, we must clearly exhibit our values in the conduct of our business. This encompasses being accountable for our actions and respecting all stakeholders and the environment. ESG principles are integrated into every aspect of our business.
- Ensure financial flexibility – We must ensure our balance sheet always remains able to meet our core funding needs.
- Optimise overhead, costs and capital expenditure – All spending decisions must be thoroughly scrutinised to ensure they are optimally structured and necessary to fulfil our core business objective
- Improve portfolio quality – We have a portfolio of assets that must be actively managed to improve the overall mix of our production base as we strive for a competitive valuation as a business.
- Maintain long-term optionality – While we are focused on ensuring the most efficient day-to-day operation of our business, we maintain a close eye on creating a competitive pipeline of long-term opportunities
- ABSA Bank Ghana Mobile Banking
- NIB Bank Ghana Mobile Banking
- ADB Ghana Mobile Banking
- Fidelity Bank Ghana Mobile Banking
- GOIL, Ghana Oil Company
Disclaimer For Readers
Ghanascholarship.net only gather’s authentic information on the web to compile credible readable text for our cherished readers.
We advice you to do more research before using information on this blog for decision making.
Again, We do not provide scholarship for students, our work is simple, we search for ongoing scholarships world wide and share them with you so you can apply…Thus all
Do not hesitate to reach us via the contact us page should you detect any copyright issues or misleading information on this blog.