Secretary Position – US Embassy Ghana
The U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana is seeking eligible applicants for the position of Secretary. The schedule for this position is full time, 40 hours per week.
Duties Under the supervision of Supervisory General Services Officer, jobholder provides administrative, secretarial, and receptionist support to the General Services Office. Prepare Time and Attendance for General Services Office (GSO) employees, plan and organise meetings for the General Services Office (GSO), provide customer service and prepare correspondence for Supervisory General Services Officer (SGSO) approval and arrange for the dispatch of information related to General Services Office (GSO) operations.
Qualifications and Evaluations Requirements
- • Two years of secretarial and clerical experience in an international organisation is required.
- • Knowledge of secretarial and administrative duties including records keeping, book keeping and verification of petty cash transaction receipts is required. Education Requirements:
- • Completion of secondary education, and two years of post secondary or college education in secretaryship or management is required. Evaluations:
- • Good working knowledge in English (spoken, written and reading) is required. (Language proficiency will be tested.) SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- • Must be proficient with computer, including basic software programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access). • Must be able to apply DOS recommended applications and be able to type 40 wpm.
- • Must posses good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team. (Computer skills will be tested)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.