British Institute in Eastern Africa (BIEA) 2nd Thematic Scholarships 2021/2022
Every year the British Institute in Eastern Africa (BIEA) invites applications for our small Thematic Research Grants. These funds are usually dispersed through two calls for applications per year, usually released in June/July and December.
Application Deadline: 30th December 2021.
Eligible Countries: UK or Eastern African countries.
About the Award: The British Institute in Eastern Africa invites applications for funding for research projects that engage with one or more of the following thematic areas:
- Epidemics, pandemics and epizootics
- Citizens and science
- Knowing environments
- Technologies of politics
- Urban lives
- Retelling the past
- BIEA research funding is available to support original research within these thematic areas in any discipline in the humanities and social sciences across the region.
- The BIEA’s thematic grant scheme particularly seeks to help researchers who have limited access to other sources of funds. In doing so, the BIEA seeks to nurture early career researchers and scholars in eastern Africa, and is keen to fund small projects that lay the ground for larger projects. Such researchers may include postgraduate students in eastern African or the UK, or people who have not followed conventional research careers but whose local knowledge or contacts make them well-fitted to conduct quality research.
- This funding supports original research in the humanities and social sciences, and we particularly encourage applications from the wider eastern African region, which we define as stretching from Sudan, to Mozambique, and including Madagascar. ‘
- Priority is given to researchers based in the UK or eastern Africa.
Number of Awards: Limited
Value of Award: Grants are normally between £500 and £1,000; in exceptional circumstances, up to £1,500 may be awarded. The grant should contribute towards actual research costs and not include institutional overheads, equipment, and applicant’s stipend or publication costs.
How to Apply:
- The application form with details of supporting documents required can be downloaded here.
- All applications and references must be submitted by email to [email protected] by Wednesday 30 December 2021. Please note that late applications will not be considered.
- Successful applicants will be notified one month after the closing date. If you have not heard from us by then, please consider your application not successful this time.
Disclaimer For Readers
Ghanascholarship.net only gather’s authentic information on the web to compile credible readable text for our cherished readers.
We advice you to do more research before using information on this blog for decision making.
Again, We do not provide scholarship for students, our work is simple, we search for ongoing scholarships world wide and share them with you so you can apply…Thus all
Do not hesitate to reach us via the contact us page should you detect any copyright issues or misleading information on this blog.