Is D7 accepted in UHAS?
Is D7 accepted in UHAS?. Minister of State in charge of Tertiary Education, Professor Kwesi Yankah has suggested that students who get D7 and E8 in their final exams, should be considered in University admissions.
Is D7 accepted in UHAS?
Here is the guide.
We have for several years now been deluding ourselves into thinking that that below C6, that is those who get D7, E8 and so on, are not qualified to enter university. Prof Yankah said that although there are only a few state-owned universities in Ghana, they control about 80 percent of student enrollment.
The Ministry of Education has begun consultations with the National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE) to spell out implications of a new policy for admissions to universities and other tertiary institutions that introduces some flexibility in the consideration of non-credit passes.
Currently, public universities don’t accept D7 for core subjects in admission purposes.
Minimum Requirement for University Admission in Ghana
Minimum/General Entry Requirements into the University of Ghana
An applicant for admission to a degree programme in any University in Ghana must have at least credits (A1 – C6 in WASSCE and A – D in SSSCE) in English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science (for Science related programmes) or Social Studies (for non-Science related programmes) and three elective subjects in Science for applicants applying to Science or Agriculture related disciplines or three elective subjects in General Arts/Business for applicants applying to non-Science related disciplines, with the total aggregate not exceeding 24.
Basic Requirements at UHAS
- West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE); Six subjects are used to calculate your standard WASSCE score: Integrated Science, Core Math, Core English and three electives. A minimum grade of C6 in each subject is required to apply.
- Six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required together with at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- American / Canadian High School Diploma
- French Baccalaureate (a certified copy of the original score and a certified translated copy in English)
- Other equivalent exam results approved by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana.
Is D7 accepted in UHAS?
Check if the following Universities Accept D7
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION FOR 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR IS OPEN.
|UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS (WASSCE/SSSCE/A-LEVEL/MATURE APPLICANTS)||JULY 23, 2020|
|MPHIL/MPH/PHD APPLICANTS||MARCH 29, 2020|
|UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS (ACCESS COURSE LEADING TO SANDWICH PROGRAMME)||March 7, 2020|
|UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS (SANDWICH APPLICANTS)||MARCH 29, 2020|
How to Apply
Purchase an UHAS E-Voucher (GH¢220.00)
|GCB Bank Limited (GCB)|
|Agricultural Development Bank (adb)|
|Zenith Bank Limited|
|ARB Apex Bank|
|Ghana Post Offices (i.e. the nearest Post Office)|
|Foreign Applicants Only|
Applicants outside Ghana can buy UHAS vouchers electronically using Master and VISA cards. Please kindly click the “Buy Now” button below to purchase for the voucher. You will use the voucher to apply for admission. The voucher will be sent to you as soon as payment is successfully made – $130.00
(2) Start Application
Applications are received from both Ghanaian and Foreign applicants. Foreign applicants are however advised to contact the National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE) for a detailed interpretation of their results.
- Fee Paying Applicants: Those who wish to be considered for FEE PAYING option in case they are unable to make the cut-off point(s), should tick the column provided on the online application form for FEE PAYING option.
- In completing the online form, applicants will be required to upload their passport size photograph (280×360 pixels and not more than 400KB) with a white background.
- Upon completing the APPLICATION PROCESS, print three (3) copies of the PREVIEW PAGE (i.e. application summary), then submit online before the close of Wednesday August 7, 2019.
- Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before they finally submit their online applications. A form, once submitted cannot be edited.
- Upon printing the application summary, applicants should sign the declaration page; WASSCE/SSSCE or equivalent applicants should attach 3 copies of each result slip; Access Course / Top Up / MPhil /MPH applicants should attach their transcripts and certificates.
- Applicants should purchase UHAS EMS envelopes (one big size envelope and one quarto size self-address envelope) from the nearest Ghana Post office.
- The application documents and the result slips in addition to the quarto size self-addressed envelope should be put in the big UHAS EMS envelope and be submitted at the nearest Ghana Post office.
- Purchase UHAS E-Voucher at any Ecobank Limited branch outside Ghana in foreign currency at the equivalent of One Hundred and Thirty US Dollars ($130.00) which is non- refundable). Is D7 accepted in UHAS?
BANK: ECOBANK, LEGON BRANCH
ACCOUNT NAME: UHAS STUDENTS FEES
ACCOUNT No. : 0162014471506401
SWIFT CODE: ECOCGHAC
Share your comments with us