DAAD / ICIPE 2021 In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme for African Students (Kenya)
It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with ICIPE by offering up to 6 InCountry/In-Region Scholarships for PhD studies at ICIPE Africa Regional Postgraduate Programme in Insect Sciences (ARPPIS) for the intake 2021.
As part of the „In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme, “ DAAD offers scholarships for PhD and Master studies. The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and aims at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a Master’s degree who want to pursue PhD courses, either
- in their home country In-Country scholarships are aimed at students who study in their home country or in the country for which they have a residence permit.)
- in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships are aimed at students who want to participate in a study programme in a country of their home region (here: Kenya/outside their home country).
About German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
DAAD scholarship in Germany is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art) .
In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme
Aim and Benefits of In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme
- Tuition Fees*
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food etc.)
- Travel allowance (In-Region only)
- Health Insurance (In-Region only)
Requirements for In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme Qualification
Applicants must meet the following DAAD criteria:
- have successfully completed generally a two-year university Master’s degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country
- should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector and/or d) Alumni of the DAFI-programme
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended to a maximum of the regular period of study upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars
must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted.
Please note: ICIPE might have additional requirements for admission to the
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
December 15, 2021
How to Apply
For more details, visit DAAD website.