ENABLE Youth Kenya Program 2021/2022 for Young Agripreneurs
ENABLE Youth Kenya Program is currently seeking suitable agripreneurs as incubatees to be trained and empowered within the supported value chains via a countrywide recruitment exercise.
The Empowering Novel Agribusiness-Led Employment (ENABLE) Youth Kenya Program aims at contributing to job creation, food security and nutrition, income generation and improved livelihoods for youths in both urban and rural areas.
The specific objective of the Program is to create business opportunities and decent employment for youth along priority agricultural value chains.
The Program is funded by the Government of Kenya and the African Development Bank (AfDB). It is implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries & Cooperatives.
The Program is implemented using an incubation model for agricultural entrepreneurship (agripreneurship) which entails training, nurturing, mentoring, coaching and financing successful youth candidates.
The Incubation and Training will take into consideration the COVID-19 Ministry of Health protocols. The incubation model is centered in eight Youth Agri-Business Incubation Centres (YABICs) within eight national training institutions across the country.
The Program focuses on the entire agriculture value chain from production, processing and value addition; input supplies and marketing.
ENABLE Youth Kenya Program
Aim and Benefits of ENABLE Youth Kenya Program
Successful candidates will be trained and empowered within the supported value chains
Requirements for ENABLE Youth Kenya Program Qualification
The opportunity is open to all Kenyan Youths who meet the eligibility criteria below.
- 1. Must be a Kenyan Citizen with a National ID, aged between 18-35 Years.
- 2. A holder of Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution in any field of study.
- 3. Shall be required to submit a PIN No. from Kenya Revenue Authority, and a certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- 4. A demonstrable interest in Agriculture/ Agribusiness either through previous clubs & associations, personal initiatives, seminars and training on agri-issues or any other criteria.
- 5. Currently not in any formal employed or engaged in any own business for Standard Incubatee (Start-up) and own and run an agribusiness for Accelerated incubatee, and not registered in any other program (academic, incubation, other development programs etc.) 6. Must be willing to choose agribusiness as a career.
- 7. Have a viable business idea and submit a preliminary simple business proposal on the standardized template to be downloaded during the application process.
- 8. Value Chains – The proposal should fit within the priority value chains (see details in the online application system at enableyouth.kilimo.go.ke as mapped out by the program and assigned to incubation centres.
Youth are invited to apply for Cycle 1 (2021) of the Incubation and Training
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
November 25, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to ENABLE Youth Kenya Program on acalconsulting.co.ke to apply
- i. Get more details and Apply online at https://enableyouth.kilimo.go.ke
- ii. Application Period: 27th October to 25th November, 2021 (30 Days)
- iii. All applications will be made online during the application open period
- iv. Shortlisted youth will be contacted by the recruitment firm – ACAL Consulting
For more details. visit ENABLE Youth Kenya Program website.