Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in African Studies
Application Deadline: 28th February 2021
The EIMAS also invites guest scholars to spend one or two weeks at one of the consortium universities. Deadlines:
- 31 July 2021 (1st semester, University of Porto, November 2021 – February 2021)
- 31 December 2021 (2nd semester, University of Bayreuth, April – July 2021)
- 30 April 2021 (3rd semester, Bordeaux Montaigne University, September – December 2021)
About the Award: On the structural level, the EIMAS will offer students a four-step mobility scheme from the University of Porto (1st semester) to the University of Bayreuth (2nd semester) and the Bordeaux Montaigne University (3rd semester) before they carry out an Africa-based or Africa-related fieldwork or internship, which will result in the writing of a thesis at the university of their choice.
Type: Masters, Short course
- A Bachelor degree from a recognised university in the field of social sciences or humanities, e.g.
- African Languages and Cultures
- Cultural Anthropology
- Development Studies
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Study of Religion
- Social Anthropology
- or convincing application of other academic disciplines
- A very good (B) overall grade for the Bachelor programme (see: https://www.studyineurope.eu/grades)
- A very good command of English (CEFR: C1, IELTS: 6.5, TOEFL: 95 (internet-based) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)).
Applicants coming from one of the listed countries and/or having an undergraduate degree taught in English do not have to submit an official certificate that proves their English language skills. List of countries
- Academic performance: 30%
- Motivation letter: 30%
- Extracurricular performance: 30%
- Recommendation letters: 10%
- Written application: 60%
- Interview performance: 40%
The threshold for applicants is 70%.
The 58 EMJMD student scholarships will be divided among the four intakes of students.
A maximum of ten (10) self-funded students will be admitted per intake.
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Universities):
- University of Porto
- University of Bayreuth
- Bordeaux Montaigne University
Mandatory Mobility: The EIMAS mobility path is determined for the first three semesters:
- 1st semester: University of Porto
- 2nd semester: University of Bayreuth
- 3rd semester: Bordeaux Montaigne University
The 4th semester will be conducted at one of the consortium universities the student chooses. This will be stated in the Individual Student and Learning Agreement (ISLA) latest by beginning of December of the third semester.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- a) Type of funding: EMJMD scholarship holders will receive financial support according to the Erasmus+ guidelines. They do not have to pay any kind of participation or administrative costs for obligatory activities within the EIMAS study plan.
- b) Monthly allowances: Each EMJMD scholarship holder receives a monthly lump sum for the entire duration of the EIMAS study programme (four semesters) according to the Erasmus+ guidelines.
- c) General travel costs: Travel costs, differentiated by the place of origin of the EMJMD scholarship holders, will be paid according to the Erasmus+ guidelines.
- d) Travel costs for fieldwork or internship: Each EMJMD scholarship holder receives up to 1,000.00 € for travel costs (public transportation, economy class) in order to carry out the mandatory fieldwork or internship in the 4th semester.
For this purpose, a travel application has to be submitted or sent via email to the EIMASCC at least eight weeks before the planned date of departure.
Duration of Award: One EIMAS circle usually starts on 1st September and ends two years later on 31st August. During the entire study period, the students will be registered in each of the three consortium universities (University of Porto, University of Bayreuth and Bordeaux Montaigne University).
How to Apply: Apply here!
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Disclaimer For Readers
Ghanascholarship.net only gather’s authentic information on the web to compile credible readable text for our cherished readers.
We advice you to do more research before using information on this blog for decision making.
Again, We do not provide scholarship for students, our work is simple, we search for ongoing scholarships world wide and share them with you so you can apply…Thus all
Do not hesitate to reach us via the contact us page should you detect any copyright issues or misleading information on this blog.