Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2020.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office, commonly called the Foreign Office, is a department of the Government of the United Kingdom. It is responsible for protecting and promoting British interests worldwide. It was created in 1968 by merging the Foreign Office and the Commonwealth Office.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2020
- Company: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Deputy Post Security Manager
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)Job Subcategory SecurityJob Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main Purpose of Job:
The main purpose of this role is to deputise for the Post Security Manager in all aspects
Deputise the Post Security Manager in all aspects and leave cover, including but not limited to the following:
- Day to day management of High Commission security.
- Overall management of the BHC security team, including planning, rosters, briefing on local and regional issues, training and development, staff appraisal.
- Oversight of the outsourced security guarding contact, liaising with the contractor’s staff and management, feedback and recommendations to BHC management on performance of contractor against KPIs and agreed actions, liaison with UK-Based staff on residential guarding and security issues.
- Responsibility for monitoring and provision of equipment, e.g. radios, CCTV, alarm and access control systems, with support of the security contractor and others.
- Act as the first point of contact with difficult visitors/members of the public.
- Liaise and maintain good working relations with the Ghana Police Service.
- Ensure good information management in line with FCO guidance.
- Provide support for Post Security Officer (PSO, who is the Deputy High Commissioner) and Deputy PSM.
- Implement security procedures.
- Point of contact for all staff on security-0related issues.
- Stock Control of security equipment.
Resources Managed (Staff and Expenditure):
- Internal Security team and Security equipment.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- IT Skills using Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Word & Excel).
- Must have a valid driving licence.
- Experience in a security-related role.
- Experience in managing a team.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 4th August 2020.