Forum of Young Global Leader Program 2021/2022
Young Global Leaders
The Forum of Young Global Leaders is a community of over 800 enterprising, socially-minded men and women selected under the age of 40, who operate as a force for good to overcome barriers that elsewhere stand in the way of progress.
The community is made up of leaders from all walks of life, from every region of the world, and from every stakeholder group in society.
Forum of Young Global Leader Program
Aim and Benefits of Forum of Young Global Leader Program
- YGLs are fully involved in the Forum’s meetings, initiatives and research and interact with the Forum’s wider multistakeholder community.
- YGLs have a powerful role in determining the community’s activities. They are governed by a foundation board of respected leaders and are managed by a dynamic team of young professionals based in Geneva and China.
- Set up as an independent, not-for-profit foundation under the Swiss government, the Forum of Young Global Leaders is an integral part of the World Economic Forum.
Requirements for Forum of Young Global Leader Program Qualification
To be eligible for the Young Global Leaders Class of 2021,
- The candidate must be 38 years old or younger at nomination
- · He/she has a recognized record of extraordinary achievement and a proven track record of substantial leadership experience. Typically, this means 5-15 years of outstanding professional work experience and a clear indication of playing a substantial leadership role for the rest of his or her career.
- · He/she has demonstrated a personal commitment to serve society at large through exceptional contributions and a deep ethical fiber, and has earned significant trust at both local and global levels.
- · He/she has an impeccable record in the public eye and good standing in his/her community, as well as show great self-awareness and a desire for learning.
- · Candidates from the business sector must be responsible for the full operation of a qualifying corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles: President, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director, Managing Partner or Publisher, or equivalent of any of the above. If the company is a Member or Partner of the World Economic Forum, the candidate requires the approval of the CEO or Chairman of the Board of the respective company.
- · Companies, organizations and entities can only nominate one candidate from the qualifying company every two years
Selection: Nominated under the age of 40, Young Global Leaders (YGLs) are proposed through a qualified nomination process and assessed according to rigorous selection criteria that creates a diverse and truly representative body, while accepting only the very best leaders who have already demonstrated their commitment to serving society at large.
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
April 30, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Forum of Young Global Leader on weforum.eu.qualtrics.com to apply
For more details, visit Forum of Young Global Leaders website.