Applications now open for 2021 ‘Open Minds – Young Voices’ Youth Activists Programme
Application Deadline: 6th December 2021
About the Award: The Open Minds – Young Voices Programme is an empowerment programme aimed at developing young, motivated and proactive Nigerians that are working and advocating for social justice and good governance and have great leadership potential.
Eligibility: Candidates must be:
- between the ages of 18 and 32 by the time of application,
- conversant with socio-economic and political issues in Nigeria,
- creative, progressive and willing to become change agents,
- have the potential to be positive role models,
- able to communicate fluently in English and partake in regular group assignments,
- resident in Abuja or surroundings and cater for their transportation to/from the training
- ready to commit to 95% attendance requirement.
Selection Criteria: If you are actively engaged in any sector of the society including, but not limited to, trade unions, civil society organizations, research institutions, administration, educational institutions and the media; if you have shown commitment to representing the common interest of the Nigerian people – then we are happy to receive your application!
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be Taken at (Country): Nigeria
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Successful applicants benefit from educational modules that enhance their knowledge on issues of socio-economic and political relevance in Nigeria. Practical sessions include skills training on project management, group facilitation, conflict management, advocacy and leadership.
Duration of Award:
- March to November 2021 at Wuse II, Abuja
- Every second and fourth weekend of the month, for 16 – 18 weekends
- Saturdays from 9.00 am – 5.00 pm; and Sundays from 12.00 pm – 5.00 pm
How to Apply: Interested applicants should either:
a. Apply here OR
b. send an application email to info(at)fes-nigeria.org and include the following as a single PDF document:
- a Letter of motivation answering the question “How will the programme improve your work for the common good of the Nigerian society?” (500 – 1000 Words).
- an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
Deadline is on Sunday, 06 December 2021 by 23:59 WAT. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Qualified women and persons living with disability are strongly encouraged to apply!
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Disclaimer For Readers
Ghanascholarship.net only gather’s authentic information on the web to compile credible readable text for our cherished readers.
We advice you to do more research before using information on this blog for decision making.
Again, We do not provide scholarship for students, our work is simple, we search for ongoing scholarships world wide and share them with you so you can apply…Thus all
Do not hesitate to reach us via the contact us page should you detect any copyright issues or misleading information on this blog.