Here all you need to know about GETFUND Ghana
The GETFund was established on 25th August 2000 when ACT 581 which established it received Presidential Assent. The Fund started operation in 2001.
The Ghana Education Trust Fund (GETFund) is a public sector agency established by an Act of Parliament to assist nation-wide with financing of education; to provide for the management of the fund and to provide for related matters.
GETFund’s Core Values
- Deriving from our mission statement we uphold the following core values in all we do and expect to be judged accordingly:
- Professionalism, and
- To deliver State finance to support the delivery of education at all levels. To attain the above goal the finance from the Fund is to be expended as follows:
- Provision of financial support to the agencies and institutions under the Ministry of Education, for the development and maintenance of essential academic facilities and infrastructure in public educational institutions, particularly, in tertiary institutions;
- To provide supplementary funding to the Scholarship Secretariat for the grant of scholarships to gifted but needy students for studies in second-cycle and accredited tertiary institutions in Ghana;
- To contribute monies from the Fund towards the operation of student loans schemes for students in accredited tertiary institutions through loan scheme mechanisms and agencies, approved by the Minister;
- To provide, through the National Council for Tertiary Education, grants to tertiary institutions,
- To train brilliant students as members of faculties;
- To undertake research and other academic programmes of relevance to national development; and
- To provide monies to support such other educational activities and programmes for the promotion of education as the Minister in consultation with the Board may determine.
What is the meaning of GETFund?
The Ghana Education Trust Fund (GETFund) is a public trust set up by an Act of Parliament in the year 2000. Its core mandate is to provide funding to supplement government effort for the provision of educational infrastructure and facilities within the public sector from the pre-tertiary to the tertiary level.
How do I apply for the GETFund scholarship?
Additional Requirements for GETFund Scholarships
An application letter.
Proof of nationality.
A copy of the admission letter to the foreign school you wish to attend.
A fee schedule from the school abroad.
Well-detailed Curriculum Vitae.
A copy of the 1st-degree certificate from the university you attended.
Who established GETFund in Ghana?
Paa Kwesi Ndoum
The forum started with Dr. Paa Kwesi Ndoum, Flagbearer of the Convention People’s Party (CPP), who mounted the podium and gave credit to the National Democratic Congress (NDC) for the introduction of the GetFund.
When was GETFund introduced Ghana?
25th August, 2000
The GETFund was established on 25th August, 2000 when ACT 581 which established it received Presidential Assent . The Fund started operation in 2001.
Who is the head of GETFund?
The Administrator of GETFund, Dr. Richard Boadu, on Wednesday joined other education sector agency heads to bid an emotional farewell to the immediate past Minister for Education, Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh, at the Movenpic hotel in Accra.
What is GETFund scholarship?
About GETFund Scholarship
Ghana Education Trust Fund (GETFund) is a Ghana government initiative to sponsor the education of Ghanaian students to study both locally and abroad for either their, Undergraduate, master’s or PhD degree.
Disclaimer For Readers
Ghanascholarship.net only gather’s authentic information on the web to compile credible readable text for our cherished readers.
We advice you to do more research before using information on this blog for decision making.
Again, We do not provide scholarship for students, our work is simple, we search for ongoing scholarships world wide and share them with you so you can apply…Thus all
Do not hesitate to reach us via the contact us page should you detect any copyright issues or misleading information on this blog.