Ghent University Special Research Fund Doctoral Scholarships 2021/2022
Ghent University Special Research Fund Doctoral Scholarships
Applications call for the Special Research Fund PhD Scholarships at Ghent University 2021 for Doctoral students from developing countries is open to deserving and eligible doctoral students.
Benefits of Special Research Fund – Doctoral Scholarships
- PhD scholarship at Ghent University (in total 24 months)
- The Ghent University receives a bench fee of € 310/per month of research in Ghent + €8000 travel budget to cover (part of) the operational costs of research.
Requirements for Ghent University Special Research Fund Doctoral Scholarships
To be considered for the Special Research Fund Scholarship:
- Applicants must be international student from developing countries
- Applications must be submitted on the application forms provided for this purpose which will be assessed by the Research council.
- Applicants are to note that the scholarship is highly competitive and the applicants will be selected based on their Bachelor and Master degree results.
- Applicants will also be assessed by their doctoral project, relevance of the research topic for development and capacity building.
- The scientific and scholarly potential of the promoter’s research group(s); the partnership between Ghent University and the Local Institutes as well as the scientific/ scholarly disposition of the local institute.
- The qualification of the applicants
- The relevance of the research topic for development and capacity building
- The doctoral project
- Scientific/scholarly potential of the promoter’s research group(s)
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
February 4, 2021
How to Apply
To apply for the Special Research Fund PhD Scholarships at Ghent University 2021:
- Applicants must submit application form electronically via e-mail to [email protected]
- Applicant’s Ghent University supervisor must submit an advice on the candidate, stating the supervisor’s opinion on the capability of the candidate as a future researcher. Also to be submitted is an advice on the ethical and biosafety context of the proposed research project
For more details, visit Ghent University website.