Go Global Africa aims to give the entrepreneurs from Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who have developed products that are ready to go to market and raised investment the tools they need to grow their business globally, build links with the UK’s thriving digital sector and pave the way for future economic partnerships.
The 15 most promising startups, as determined by in-country pitch events, will come to the UK in March 2020. Here, they will benefit from a 5-day training programme designed to improve business skills and capability, build links with the UK’s thriving tech sector, and work with UK expertise to grow their business.
The successful African startups will be expected to act as Go Global champions and share the skills they have learned with other firms across the continent. This will help spread digital skills, digital capability and increase entrepreneurial spirit, creating jobs and prosperity.
Applications are open to tech startups from Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Work in one of the following four verticals: AgriTech, FinTech, HealthTech or Clean Energy
- Post-MVP stage, fully operating in the market
- Can demonstrate a clear business model with evidence of customer traction
- Looking to raise their first round of funding
- Can demonstrate clear social impact potential
- Can demonstrate a commitment to strengthening the local ecosystem by passing on learnings to other startups
- Ambition to expand internationally in the future
- Flights, accommodation and meals for both the in-country masterclass and the UK programme will be covered by the International Tech Hub Network.
- The Network will support and pay for your visa, although it is the participant’s responsibility to organise the application with sufficient time.
- A 5-day training programme designed to improve business skills and capability, build links with the UK’s thriving tech sector and work with UK expertise to grow their business.
- Act as Go Global champions and share the skills they have learned with other firms across the continent.
Disclaimer For Readers
Ghanascholarship.net only gather’s authentic information on the web to compile credible readable text for our cherished readers.
We advice you to do more research before using information on this blog for decision making.
Again, We do not provide scholarship for students, our work is simple, we search for ongoing scholarships world wide and share them with you so you can apply…Thus all
Do not hesitate to reach us via the contact us page should you detect any copyright issues or misleading information on this blog.