At Google, we believe a diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. Everyone deserves an opportunity to pursue connections in the industry, networking with peers, and a career path in technology.
To help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in technology and business from attending leading conferences, we’re excited to offer Google Conference and Travel Scholarships for selected conferences in the tech industry and related fields.
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, alongside Amazon, Apple, and Facebook.
Google was founded in September 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University in California.
Google Africa Travel and Conference Grant Application
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study
- State of Origin
Men and Women
- Application Deadline
April 1, 2021
Aim and Benefits of Google Africa Travel and Conference Grant Application
To encourage attendance at technical conferences, Google will provide selected recipients:
- Free conference registration
- North America: Cost of one registration for the virtual conference listed on the North America tab.
- Europe : Up to 1,000 EUR towards travel and accommodation costs (will be paid after the conference)
- India : An award in the range of 1,000 – 3,000 USD that will cover conference registration, travel, accommodation and other related expenses.
- Africa : An award in the range of 1,000 – 3,000 USD that will cover conference registration, travel, accommodation and related expenses. Scholarship amount depends on cost for the international conference.
- Japan & South Korea : Up to 3,000 USD towards air tickets and lodging cost (will be paid after the conference). Scholarship amount depends on cost for the international conference.
Requirements for Google Africa Travel and Conference Grant Application Qualification
To be eligible for a scholarship to attend an international conference, applicants must:
- Be a student enrolled with a recognized university in Africa who is in need of conference travel funds.
- Studying computer science, computer engineering, or a technical field related to the conference subject.
- Have a paper accepted for presentation (oral or poster) in the main conference program at a top-tier Computer Science conference. We prefer to support conferences in research areas where Google has a strong interest. Please visit research.google.com for a list of areas. The paper must be accepted for full publication and preferably full oral presentation. Workshop papers will not be approved for travel scholarships.
- Be the sole or joint first author of the accepted paper
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
Interview date, Process and Venue for Google Africa Travel and Conference Grant Application
We review applications monthly, all year round, therefore you will get our reply four to six weeks from the date of the application. Once approved for a travel scholarship, the funds will be paid to the applicant’s university and the student may claim expenses using regular university procedures.
April 1, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Google on docs.google.com to apply
Please submit this form by the deadline for the conference that you wish to attend.
For any questions, please reach out to [email protected].
For more details, visit Google website