HOW TO APPLY ONLINE FOR POSTGRADUATEAT SUN
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES AT STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY (2019)
Step 1: Before you apply Make sure that you understand the University’s Admission Policy, and the admission and selection criteria of the different faculties before you apply. For postgraduate studies, please visit the Prospective Postgraduate Student website at www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies and click on “what can I study?” or you can contact our Client Service on +27 21 808 9111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Take note of the closing dates Visit the Prospective Postgraduate Student website (www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies) for a list of the closing dates of all the postgraduate programmes offered for the 2019 intake year.
Closing dates for financial assistance: 31 August: Applications close for Stellenbosch University financial assistance. 30 June: Applications close for NRF (National Research Foundation) funding.
No late applications will be considered
Step 3: Complete your application
1. To apply online you will need a valid email address and cell phone number. Correspondence will be sent to the email address and sms’s to the cell phone.
2. As soon as you have registered for your online application, you will receive a user name and 8-digit password to continue your application.
3. To complete your online application, all compulsory screens, with red ‘Outstanding’ buttons, must be completed.
4. To finalise the application, click on the ‘Finalise’ button. Please note: the ‘Finalise’ button is only available once ALL the compulsory screens are completed (a green ‘Completed’ button will then be displayed).
5. Your application will only be processed AFTER the application has been finalised AND all the correct supporting documents have been uploaded at your Application Status link on www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies before the closing date.
6. You will receive your username (your student number) and official SUN-password to access your Application Status.
7. You must please ensure that the information you provide is correct. If the information is incorrect the University is entitled to reject your application or cancel your registration immediately.
8. If you cannot complete the application in one session, data will not be lost and the application can be completed at a later stage before the closing date.
9. Please do not apply by both hard copy form and the online application system. If we receive both types of application from you, we can only accept the online application as the intended one.
Step 4: Make sure you upload all the required application documents
1. Read more on the requirements regarding compulsory application documents, your contract as well as the application fee payment options in the relevant sections of the online application.
2. Please note that the R100 application fee only applies to South African citizens.
3. Your signed contract, your application documents (including your academic results) as well as proof of payment should be uploaded online at your Admission Status link on www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies before the closing date for your programme
. 4. If we do not receive all your documents by the closing date, your application will unfortunately not be considered.
5. It remains your responsibility to make sure that the University receives these documents in time. You can monitor your application on www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies to ensure that your application is complete. Use your student number and SUN-password that you will receive as soon as you complete your application, to sign in.
Step 5: Monitor your application status When you have successfully completed the steps and received acknowledgement of your complete application, you are ready to be considered for admission.
Use your student number and SUN-password to sign in and monitor your Admission Status on www.maties.com or www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies.
If you need help with your application, or you require more information, please contact the University at 021 808 9111, send an e-mail to email@example.com or visit www.maties.com or www.sun.