IBTCI Recruitment 2021/2022
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) Recruitment 2021.
Incorporated in 1987, International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) is an international development consulting company providing high-quality Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL), Capacity Building & Training, and Knowledge Management, Communications & Outreach Services.
IBTCI Recruitment 2021/2022
IBTCI is focused on meeting the development assistance needs of countries by offering exceptional functional expertise, regional experience, and a commitment to excellence.
- Company: IBTCI
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Research Director/Chief of Party
Department/Location: Long-term Remote, with some travel to and in West Africa
Reports To: PELA Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI seeks a Research Director/Chief of Party (RD/COP) for USAID’s Peace through Evaluation, Learning, and Adapting (PELA) Task Order (TO) in Ghana. The purpose of this activity is to support USAID/West Africa (USAID/WA) to be a more effective, efficient and adaptable operating unit in achieving the development objective of strengthening systems of non-violent conflict management in West Africa. The activity will strengthen USAID’s effectiveness in implementing its projects; coordinating its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism (CVE) in West Africa region. This position is based in Accra, Ghana with a period of performance of approximately 16 months.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Leads the PELA field office with management support from the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP);
- Provides vision, leadership, and guidance on PELA under the direction of the Project Director;
- Provides technical expertise (research, writing, training, and facilitating) in CVE, in strengthening systems of non-violent conflict management and peace promotion, and other related topics;
- Assumes overall responsibility to ensure that Task Order objectives are successfully met and that all deliverables are completed on schedule;
- Meets weekly with the PELA Home Office team;
- Ensures compliance with U.S. Government rules and regulations;
- Serves as the primary point of contact (meeting routinely) with USAID for activity design and implementation and management, with support from the DCOP;
- Manages the preparation and presentation of PELA work plans and all reports (including quarterly and annual reports), with support from the DCOP;
- Works closely with the DCOP in implementing the Activity, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (AMELP);
- May be required to travel to and in West Africa and internationally to implement select PELA activities, such as training events, pause and reflect workshops, field studies, etc.
- Performs all fiduciary duties in a responsible and professional manner;
- Reports to the PELA Project Director;
- Provides quality control, ensuring that all products delivered under PELA are technically sound and of publishable quality; and
- Supervises the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and the work of the Research Coordinator
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working on or managing USAID-funded contracts or cooperative agreements and demonstrated knowledge of relevant USAID reporting requirements, policies, and regulations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) programming;
- Experience establishing and supporting networks;
- Ability to work well under limited supervision and to work with a virtual team;
- Articulate and professional, able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and colleagues, both verbally and in writing;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to shifting client tasks and priorities;
- Oral and written proficiency in French;
- Ability to successfully manage and mentor/develop staff in a multi-country setting; and
- Previous experience working in cross-cultural settings strongly preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience successfully conducting or managing donor-funded analytic research and learning activities; MERL; CLA, and/or program support mechanisms;
- At least 4 years of direct program/subject matter experience in CVE, peace promotion, or non-violent conflict management;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including experience preparing high-quality reports and presentations.
- Education: Master’s degree in political science, sociology, monitoring and evaluation, public administration, international relations, conflict resolution and peacebuilding or related field required. PhD preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel to other countries in the West Africa region is required up to 30 percent of the time.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 14th November 2021.
State the position you are applying for as the subject of your email.