Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Masters Scholarships
The Jeroen Ensink Memorial scholarship is offered to students from sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia who are committed to improving public health in developing countries and wish to undertake the MSc Public Health for Development course.
Application Deadline: 30th March 2021 by 23:59 (BST)
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan or South-Asian Countries
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligibility: To be eligible for a scholarship under this fund, applicants must:
- have been accepted onto the 2021-22 MSc Public Health for Development course; and
- have demonstrated a commitment to WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene); and
- be a citizen of one of the following sub-Saharan African or South Asian countries: Afghanistan; Angola; Bangladesh; Benin; Botswana; Bhutan; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Comoros; Republic of Congo; Democratic Republic of Congo; Djibouti; Equatorial Guinea; Ethiopia; Eritrea; Gabon; Gambia; Ghana; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; India; Ivory Coast; Kenya; Lesotho; Liberia; Madagascar; Malawi; Maldives; Mali; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nepal; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Rwanda; São Tomé and Príncipe; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Somalia; South Sudan; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Swaziland; Tanzania; Togo; Uganda; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
Applicants must meet the LSHTM’s minimum English language proficiency requirements if shortlisted for this funding.
Selection Criteria: The MSc Public Health for Development Course Directors will assess all applications for suitability for the course. Successful applications (i.e. those with applicants who will be made an offer of admission) will be considered for the Scholarship.
Decisions will be reached, and the successful applicant and short-listed reserve candidates will be notified, before 31 May 2021.
Number of Awardees: One
Value of Scholarship: A full scholarship covers:
- full-time overseas tuition fees for 2021-22 (including the mandatory field trip fee); and
- flights from the student’s home country to the United Kingdom, and return on expiry of the scholarship (to be booked by the Scholarships team in LSHTM Registry); and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,400.00.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply:
- Applicants should follow both steps outlined in the Scholarship Webpage (see Link below) by the scholarship deadline.
- Applicants should be aware that their application for this scholarship award may be considered alongside the documents submitted for their application to the MSc Public Health for Development course.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for this funding. Please note that Scholarship documents must be uploaded onto the Scholarships Portal before submission.
- By submitting an application for this funding applicants agree to its Terms & Conditions.