Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 14 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC. It was founded in 2012. Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of product categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery, and others.
Job Title: Head of HR
As Head of HR, your main responsibilities will be to manage all ~250 employees and transition HR strategy to grow and people development including all aspects of recruiting, onboarding, social relations, training, retention, growth, office management and offboarding. Your responsibilities will include, without being limited to:
Admin and compliance:
Implements and administrates all HR policies & procedures guiding Jumia companies (onboarding, contracts, internal policies, immigration, leave management, payroll, offboarding);
Ensures admin processes are running smoothly;
Manages compliance to all HR (safety, health, other) and labour topics for all Jumia companies;
Manages the HR & Admin team on a daily basis and in their development.
Implements and administrates all HR policies & procedures guiding Jumia companies (recruiting, training, mobility, induction, retention, succession planning, talent management, PPR);
Ensures processes are running smoothly;
Implements and leads our performance management system (objective, performance-based and transparent);
Uses data analysis to influence strategic decisions and to address organizational challenges to talent management;
Promotes and coordinates initiatives that support organizational change;
Drives the achievement of HR results by leveraging resources, developing performance standards and results in planning and monitoring.
Implements satisfaction/motivation barometers, measures and acts accordingly;
Suggests appropriate events to strengthen a sense of belonging;
Manages employee relations (social bodies, employee satisfaction, health and security);
Manages culture and the office in general (IT, logistics, office initiatives, values dissemination, every-day life).
Coaching and advice:
Improves the performance of others by empowering a strong leadership and coaching culture;
Works closely with leadership to build, implement and enforce the HR initiatives (policies, programs, processes …);
Coaches managers to support and roll out people development efforts.
Central HR participation:
Promotes feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes;
Ensures HR practices are aligned with business needs and make recommendations to HR leadership when changes are appropriate;
Provides input to the design and development of company-wide HR initiatives and ensures they are aligned with business needs.
Required skills & qualifications:
- Problem-solving ability;
- Demonstrates operational and strategic skills;
- Experience of acting as a role model;
- Comfortable in developing team members and empowering staff;
- Rigorous management of results;
- Brand Notoriety; Employee Engagement; Innovation and Change;
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions;
- Ability to inspire confidence through timely delivery of information and plans;
- Works independently consult where appropriate;
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, evaluate people, manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment and effectively interface with business and function leaders in a global matrix organization;
- Outstanding communication, coaching, influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization;
- Passionate wants to make a difference in the organization;
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in HR;
- Master’s degree in business administration, Human Resources or related field is required;
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office, e.g. solid and sound Excel knowledge.
- We Offer:
A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.
Application Deadline: 12 September