Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Mastercard Undergraduate Scholarships 2021/2022
KNUST MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2021
Application Deadline: May to June Each year
Offered annually? Yes
About Scholarship: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education.
Eligible Field of Study: A preference for Science students; however, all subjects are considered
Offered Since: 2013
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: For the 2021/2022 Academic year, the opportunity is open to;
- All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and meets KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
Number of Scholarships: several
Value of Scholarship: The Scholarship includes;
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
Duration of Scholarship: full period of study
How to Apply: Download a copy of the 2021/2022 application form here!
Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents
- The print out of KNUST’s online admission
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent.
Award of the Scholarship will be published on the Program’s website
- UCC 2021/2022 Admission|University of Cape Coast
- University of Ghana Admission Forms
- Knutsford University College 2021/2022 Admission Forms
- Regional Maritime University 2021/2022 Admission Forms
- UMAT Admission 2021/2022
- Valley View University Admissions 2021/2022
- Takoradi Technical University Admission 2021/2022: http://www.ttu.edu.gh/