For rapid human development, education plays a prominent role. Then for that to be achieved, a financial support is very necessary. Korean Government offers a support program scholarship for Self-financed international students. To raise awareness of the benefits of studying in Korea and to motivate financially self-supporting foreign students by subsidizing outstanding students
To balance the development of studies by fostering world-class human resources in areas required for national strategic development, by providing financial support for fundamental fields of study.
About Korean Government
Support Scholarship Program
Aim and Benefits of Support Scholarship Program
The scholarship support program worth up to Living expenses of 500,000 won per month (Maximum 5,000,000 won) for the period of ten (10) months.
Requirements for Support Scholarship Program Qualification
Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the Korean Government Support Scholarship Program for International Students
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into undergraduate degree program.
- The award is available for undergraduate students enrolled in a university program.
- Other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration.
- Based on academic merit
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
- A high school transcript and/or GSE results (if your transcript is not in English, also require a certified translation).
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner and as good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at Korean University, Korea.
- Application process based on merit and evidence of leadership.
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
Documents Required for Application
Candidates should generally get ready their;
- Statement of purpose
- Academic transcripts/certificates of previous educational qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- Conditional or unconditional offer of admission
How to Apply
Interested and eligible applicants are encouraged to apply through Online Application. Print the Application form and submit to the University.
For more details, visit Studyin Korea website.