Miller Center Women’s Economic Empowerment Accelerator Programmes 2021/2022
Miller Center Women’s Economic Empowerment Accelerator Programmes
Miller Center presents its maiden edition of the women’s economic empowerment accelerator programs.
Application Deadline: 1st December 2021
About the Award: The world-renowned initiative aims to connect global social enterprise leaders with business executives to offer more sustainable, scalable market-based solutions to the problems of impoverished people across the globe.
In supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 5, Miller Center positions itself to support women’s economic growth.
Investing in women’s economic empowerment (WEE) across the globe is pivotal in engendering gender equality, poverty eradication, and inclusive economic development.
The goal of this initiative is to assist social enterprises that support women-owned businesses employing a vigorous and holistic approach to get their desired goals.
In addition, the upcoming accelerator programs serve as a platform whereby social enterprises with a gender-focused strategy are brought together to offer mentorship as well as help build sustainable and scalable businesses.
This first-ever Women’s Economic Empowerment GSBI Virtual Accelerator Cohort will commence in February 2021. GSBI provides 6 months of highly personalized mentorship and quality content.
Eligible Field(s): Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer durables, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Automotive, Clothing and textiles production, Computer hardware, Electronics, Food production, Furniture
Eligibility: To qualify, interested social enterprises must meet all of the specified criteria:
- Address gender issues and promote gender equity by having:Women-owned and/or women-led teamsProducts or services that improve the quality and lives of women and girls substantially
- A focus on ensuring workplace equity in staffing, management, and boardroom representation
- Be workplace equity focused along their supply chain
- Be focused on serving the poor and underserved communities with a commitment to be open to an earned revenue model with potential for scalability
- Be in operation for a minimum of one year
- Be willing to devote 3-6 hours per week to complete program deliverables and work with mentors virtually.
To be Taken at (Country): Online
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The programs offer many benefits to hand-picked social entrepreneurs such as:
PROVEN PROGRAM: Miller Center’s structured, proven curriculum has a proven track record of helping over 1,000 social enterprises attain operational excellence and prepare for investment.
MENTORS: Each participant will be accompanied by executive mentors with expertise in innovation and entrepreneurship
NO CHARGE: All Miller Center GSBI accelerator programs are offered without charge to selected social enterprises.
Duration of Award: 6 months
How to Apply: Interested applicants can sign up here. The deadline for applications is Tuesday, December 1, 2021.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.