New Electricity Connection In Ghana
The enactment of the Electricity Corporation Decree, 1967 (NLCD 125) and the repeal of the Electricity Act, established the Electricity Corporation of Ghana (ECG). For the next two decades, ECG was to remain the entity solely responsible for electricity supply and the distribution networks nationwide.
Apply for New Electricity Connection In Ghana
- Applicant who would like to apply for a new connection should contact the Customer Service Center of Electricity Company of Ghana. Following link provides you information related to Customer Service Centers : Customer Service Center
- Following link provides you application forms that can be used : Application forms
- The application that has been obtained from the above link can also be obtained from the Customer Service Centers. Application forms should be completed and submitted to the Customer Service Representative, along with the processing fee.
- After the submission of the application form, an inspection team will visit and survey the site for providing quotation and estimate.
- If the necessary conditions are satisfied, the quotation for the cost of electricity supply to your premises will be ready within:
- 3 working days, if a supply line already exists
- 5 working days if the service connection requires a supply line extension or up to 2 poles
- After the full payment of quotation by the prospective customer, the electricity connection will be made within 3 or 5 working days.
Required Documents for New Electricity Connection
- Signed by the licensed Electrician who under took the wiring of the Customers house or premises.
- A development or Building Permit issued by the relevant Metropolitan, Municipal or District Assembly (SHEP Areas are Exempt) from this requirement.
Office Locations & Contacts
Disclaimer For Readers
We advise you to do more research before using the information on this blog for decision-making. Read More