Santam Bursary 2022
Santam Bursary 2022
Santam is a well-known general insurer in South Africa, offering diverse products that include vehicle, equipment and contents insurance. The company operates in several countries in Southern Africa, serving more than a million policyholders. Santam is highly regarded for its specialist insurance that focuses on complex and niche markets.
The company’s CSI strategy is encapsulated in its Creating Partnerships to Build Resilient Communities programme. The programme focuses on reducing the risk of disasters through minimizing vulnerability and the development of mitigation strategies. The company is also involved in children’s art programmes and the provision of financial literacy services for people in lower-income brackets.
Santam Bursary 2022
Students currently on their second, third or final year of undergraduate studies can apply for a Santam Bursary. It’s also for students who plan to get an Honours degree next year on any of the following study programmes:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
The bursary program covers the following expenses:
- Books and stationery
- Private accommodation or residence
Santam Bursary 2022 Requirements and Eligibility
To qualify for a Sanlam Bursary, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- They must be a citizen of South Africa.
- They must have an average of 65% and above in their undergraduate degree or in their latest examinations.
- They must have completed Matric.
- They must study one of the fields of study mentioned above.
- They must be in their second, third or final year of undergraduate studies
- They plan to get an Honours degree next year.
- They must study at one of the recognised public Universities in South Africa.
- They must have an interest in working within the industry of short-term insurance.
- They must have strong potential in academics.
How to Apply and Application Details
Interested students may apply to this bursary in the following ways:
- Register online at https://leap.ly/campaign/study-trust, login, and apply. This is the most preferred application method.
- By downloading the StudyTrust Bursary Application Form and filling it out completely. This option only applies to the current Gap year and Matric students who don’t have access to the internet. Also, they need a valid email address.
Interested students must submit their application via email to email@example.com. They can also fax their application form to 086 538 1537.
Students must also submit copies of the following documentation. They must submit all of these documents as part of the requirements. Any missing documents may result in their application getting disregarded.
- A certified copy of an ID document.
- If currently a Matric student, a certified copy of the latest Matric results.
- If completed, a certified copy of the Matric certificate.
- If at the tertiary level, a certified copy of the complete tertiary academic record.
- Proof of provisional admission to a tertiary institution.
- Photo only up to the shoulders.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Testimonial from a reputable Educational Official
- Proof of income of the parents, guardians or household.
- If employed, copies of wage or salary slip.
- If unemployed, an affidavit.
- If self-employed, an affidavit stating the annual income.
- Three months of the most recent statements from the bank.
- If a business owner, a copy of the most recent audited financial statement.
- If applicable, a SASSA letter stating grants received.
- For divorced parents, a letter from the court stating the amount of child support.
- For separated parents, an affidavit from one of the parents stating the amount of child support received.
30 September 2020
For any questions related to this bursary program and application, please contact Study Trust directly.
Contact Person: Mr. Mthusi Morebodi (Bursary Support Manager)
Tel: 011 403 1632 / 011 403 1130
Fax: 086 567 5604