Simon Fraser University 2021 Entrance Scholarships for Undergraduate Students (Canada)
SFU recognizes high school students who demonstrate excellence in both their academic and extracurricular activities.
The value of a scholarship may range from $10,000 up to an amount sufficient to cover all tuition and mandatory supplementary fees normally required for the completion of a student’s first undergraduate degree at SFU.
About Simon Fraser University
Located in Canada on British Columbia’s west coast and named for an early explorer, Simon Fraser University opened on September 9, 1965 with 2,500 students.
Noted Canadian architects Arthur Erickson and Geoffrey Massey designed the original Burnaby Mountain campus to foster interdisciplinary contact between students and researchers. That same openness and desire to innovate informs SFU’s current vision: to be Canada’s most community-engaged research university.
Now boasting three distinctive campuses, 30,000 students, 6,500 faculty and staff, and more than 160,000… read more
Aim and Benefits of SFU Entrance Scholarships
The value of a scholarship for the Simon Fraser University Scholars Entrance Scholarships may range from $10,000 up to an amount sufficient to cover all tuition and mandatory supplementary fees normally required for the completion of a student’s first undergraduate degree at SFU.
Further funding, in the form of a living allowance, may be offered to support exceptionally talented students with demonstrated financial need.
Requirements for SFU Entrance Scholarships Qualification
Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the Simon Fraser University Scholars Entrance Scholarships.
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into undergraduate degree program.
- The award is available for undergraduate students in various courses offered at the University.
- Other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration.
- Based on academic merit
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
- A high school transcript and/or GSE results (if your transcript is not in English, also require a certified translation).
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner and as good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at Simon Fraser University, Canada.
- Application process based on merit and evidence of leadership.
December 15, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Simon Fraser University on esas.its.sfu.ca to apply
Candidates who are eligible for the Simon Fraser University Scholars Entrance Scholarships must apply to SFU through Education Planner BC before applying to the entrance scholarship competition.
For more details, visit SFU website.