TERMS OF PAYMENT
TERMS OF PAYMENT
|First years (students who will be enrolling first year subjects)||R 2,000|
|Senior Students (Returning students who will be enrolling second year subjects)||R 2,000|
3.2 RESIDENCE REGISTRATION
|Registration for||First Minimum Payment|
|National Students||R 2000|
3.3 SATELLITE CAMPUS UPINGTON
Due to the fact that services for students at Upington are being supported by National Institute for Higher Education (NIHE) Northern Cape, a service fee may be charged for students at this Campus.
3.4 MASTERS AND DOCTORATE STUDENTS
|First Minimum Payment||R 330|
3.5 NON-REFUNDABLE REGISTRATION LEVIES (Charged on registration)
|Levy Type||Amount per Year|
|Access Cards||R 210|
|Registration Levy||R 420|
|Student Levy||R 260|
|Funeral Levy||R 40|
|Sports & Cultural Levy||R 100|
|Residence Social Levy||R 240|
3.6 INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
A surcharge is applicable as follows – R 1,600.
3.7.1 Up-front payments:
Discount on class fees: 10% on the following conditions:
- Semester 1 – All fees to be paid up 28 February.
- Semester 2 – All fees to be paid up 31 August.
- Year Students – All fees to be paid up 31 March (National Students have to apply for the discount after settlement of the accounts – the discount will then only be credited on their student accounts).
3.7.2 Family Rebates
Students from the same biological parents where two or more dependent children are concurrently registered full-time at VUT for the same academic year can apply for a discount on tuition fees.
- 2nd Child – 25% discount on class fees only.
- 3rd Child – 50% discount on class fees only.
NB: The discount is only granted to the last registered student.
3.7.3 Personnel Discount
Personnel and Dependents are entitled to the following:
- Provided Student Revenue has received confirmation from Employees confirmed by HR Department that they are employees and do qualify for discount.
- Pay R40 per subject. Registration fee R330.00 and Lab fees are payable in full.
- Personnel Spouses are entitled to 50% discount on class fees only.
3.8 PAYMENT AGREEMENTS
The balance of the accounts after registration is payable as follows:
- 25% of the account by 31 March.
- 50% of the account by 31 May .
- 75% of the account by 31 July.
- 100% of the account by 30 September.
- 50% of the account by 31 March (1st Semester)
- 100% of the account by 31 May
- 50% of the account by 31 August (2nd Semester)
- 100% of the account by 30 September
Kindly take note: Should these payment agreements not be adhered to, your account will be handed over to the legal external collection agents.
3.8.1 Method of Payment
On VUT website click on “Submit Payment” and follow the steps, Credit Card is Needed for this method and payment will reflect immediately on the student account.
NB: The Student Number, Surname and 01(If its for Tuition fees), 02(If its to Residences) must be clearly indicated on the deposit slip as the “reference” to avoid your payment being misallocated.
A copy of the deposit slip should be forwarded to the Finance Department, either by faxing to number (016) 950 9106, or submitting a copy in person at the Financial Enquiries Cashiers.
Allow up to 4 working days for payment to reflect on your student account when using this methods.
22.214.171.124 Cash or Credit/Debit Cards at the Cashiers (Finance Department):
NB: DO NOT GIVE ANY PERSON CASH EXCEPT CASHIERS AT FINANCE DEPARTMENT (SHOULD YOU DO SO IT WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK).
We are able to process card payments in single payment and budget facilities. Credit card details may be submitted in writing to fax number (016) 950 9106 (Student Revenue).
Please quote the following:
- Student number.
- Credit card details as follows:
- Bank CVC number (last 3 digits on card).
- Card number Contact number of card holder.
- Expiry date ID number of card holder.
- Amount Payment option – budget or straight.
126.96.36.199 Direct Deposits at the Bank/EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer):
Deposits can be made at any ABSA branch:
- Account number: 40-6812-6832.
- Branch code: 632005.
3.9 Refunds on Student Accounts
Credit balance on student accounts may be refunded on the following conditions:
- If the source of the credit balance on your account is due to your own payments (not as a result of an award or bursary), then a refund may be requested at any time.
- If the source of the credit balance is due to an award or bursary, refunds will only be paid out if in accordance with the rules and regulations of your award or bursary.
In order to claim a refund, you have to complete the Refund Form obtainable at the Financial Enquiries Cashiers or Financial Aid Section for sponsored students.