University For development Studies, UDS Regular Undergraduate Programmes
UDS Regular Undergraduate Programmes
Application forms for admission to Diploma and Undergraduate programmes in the University for Development Studies (UDS) will be available online at www.admissions.uds.edu.gh from Monday, April 19, 2021 for holders of the following qualifications;
• West African Senior Secondary School Certificate (WASSCE),
• HND/Diploma Certificates, State Registered Nurses (SRN)
NB: WASSCE applicants who are awaiting their results are eligible to apply by selecting Awaiting option and indicating their examination details. Upon release of the 2021 WASSCE results, the University will automatically update all awaiting results.
The following courses are currently offered by the University.
i. TAMALE CAMPUS
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (SoM)
• 6-Year Medicine (MBChB) (This programme is for only WASSCE candidates with Elective Science subjects)
• 6-Year Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) (This programme is for only WASSCE candidates with Elective Science subjects)
• 4-Year BSc (Physician Assistant) This programme is for only WASSCE candidates with Elective Science subjects)
SCHOOL OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES (SAHS)
• 6-Year Doctor of Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLS.D)
Admission / Entry Requirement
Applicants to the 6-Year Doctor of Medical Laboratory Science (MLS.D) degree must have Credit in the THREE WASSCE core subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits in THREE WASSCE electives: Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics).
• 4-Year BSc (Community Nutrition) (This is a science-based programme for WASSCE holders). Home Economics candidates are also eligible to apply.
• 4-Year BSc Medical Imaging Technology) (This is a science-based programme for WASSCE holders). Home Economics candidates are not eligible to apply.
SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY
• 4-Year BSc (Nursing) (for WASSCE holders) Candidates with business subjects are advised not to apply for Nursing. Only Pure Science, Agricultural Science, Arts or Home Economics candidates are eligible to apply
• 4-Year BSc (Midwifery) (for WASSCE holders) Candidates with Business subjects are advised not to apply. Only Pure Science, Agricultural Science, Arts or Home Economics candidates are eligible to apply.
SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
• 4-Year BSc (Health Information Management) (for WASSCE holders) This is a science-based programme. Other candidates with Business subjects, Agricultural Science, Arts or Home Economics are also eligible to apply
FACULTY OF EDUCATION (FOE)
The Faculty of Education is admitting suitably qualified persons into a fulltime and/or a top-up Bachelor of Education programmes in the following courses
• 4-Year B.ED (Social Science)
• 4-Year B.ED (Business Studies)
• 4-Year B.ED (Agriculture Science) – Nyankpala Campus
• 4-Year B.ED (Family and Consumer Science) – Nyankpala Campus
• 4-Year B.ED (Mathematics)
• 4-Year B.ED (Science)
• 4-Year B.Ed in Basic Education(Lower Primary, Upper Primary, and JHS) – Tamale Campus
• 4-Year B.Ed in Early Childhood Care and Education.
• 2-Year Diploma in Basic Education
• 2-Year Diploma in Early Childhood care and Education
FACULTY OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (FSDS)
• 4-Year BA (Development Education)
• 2-Year Diploma in Development Education
ii. NYANKPALA CAMPUS
a. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE, FOOD AND CONSUMER SCIENCES (FAFCS)
• 4-Year BSc Agriculture Technology (Agricultural Mechanization & Irrigation Technology, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics & Extension, Animal Science and Horticulture)
• 4-Year BSc (Family & Consumer Sciences)
• 4-Year BEd (Agricultural Science)
• 4-Year BSc Veterinary Nursing
• 4-Year BSc Food Processing Technology
• 4-Year BSc Agribusiness (Agricultural & Resource Economics, Agribusiness Management& Finance, Agricultural Extension, Rural Development & Gender Studies, Climate Change and Food Security) This programme is for both science-based SSCE/WASSCE holders and non-science-based applicants with three (3) credit passes in core subjects and three (3) credit passes in the elective subjects
• 2-Year Diploma in Agriculture Technology
• 2-Year Diploma in Agribusiness
• 2-Year Diploma in Family & Consumer Sciences
b. FACULTY OF BIOSCIENCES (FoB)
• 4-Year BSc Biotechnology and Molecular Biology
• 4-Year BSc Aquaculture Technology and Fisheries Sciences
• 2-Year Diploma in Biotechnology and Molecular Biology
• 2-Year Diploma Aquaculture Technology and Fisheries Sciences
c. FACULTY OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT (FNRE)
• 4-Year BSc Renewable Natural Resources (Forest & Forest Resources Management; Range & Wildlife Management; Ecotourism & Environmental Management; and Fisheries & Aquatic Resource Management options)
• 4-Year BSc Ecotourism and Hospitality Management
• 4-Year BSc Environmental Management and Sustainability
• 4-Year BSc Forest Resource Conservation and Management
These programmes are for Pure Science or Agricultural Science (WASSCE) holders only. However, non-science-based applicants with credit passes in Elective Mathematics, Economics and Geography and at least C4 in Integrated Science qualify to apply.
2-Year Diploma in Natural Resource Management
d. FACULTY OF COMMUNICATION AND CULTURAL STUDIES (FCCS)
• 4-Year BSc Social Change Communication (This is a non science-based
programme for non science-based SSSCE/WASSCE holders but
Science-based students are also eligible to apply)
• 2-Year Diploma in Social Change Communication
e. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING (SoE)
• 4-Year BSc Mechanical Engineering (Options in Thermo-Fluids & Energy Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Applied Mechanic Engineering, Design & Production Engineering)
• 4-Year BSc Agricultural Engineering (options in Food & Post Harvest Engineering, Soil & Water Conservation Engineering, Farm Power & Machinery Engineering, Irrigation & Drainage Engineering)
What are the programs offered at UDS?
University for Development Studies UDS Courses Offered
4-Year BSc Agriculture Technology. …
4-Year BSc (Family & Consumer Sciences)
4-Year BEd (Agricultural Science)
4-Year BSc Veterinary Nursing.
4-Year BSc Food Processing Technology.
4-Year BSc Biotechnology and Molecular Biology.
Do UDS accept D7?
WASSCE holders who have Grade D7 or E8 or F9 in any one of their three Core or three Elective subjects are advised not to apply for a degree programme. … However, admissions will be on competitive basis, and various programmes offered in UDS have their cut-off points much lower than aggregate 36 for WASSCE.
Does UDS offer degree nursing?
It is a 2- or 3-year programme leading to the award of BSc degree in anaesthesia. Nurses with a diploma/SRN/GRN are admitted to level 200 and complete the programme in three years. … The student population for the 2016/2017 Academic year is about 850; made up of 783 medical students and 67 anaesthesia students.
How much does UDS forms cost?
Make a payment of GH¢ 180.00 (One Hundred and Eighty Ghana Cedis) for the UDS E-Voucher at any Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB), Prudential Bank, Zenith Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), Stanbic Bank and Ecobank branches throughout the country.
Are UDS forms still available?
The Admission Management of the University for Development Studies (UDS) has released the Admission Form for 2021/2022 Academic year online. Applications are invited from qualified and interested candidates for University for Development Studies 2021/2022 admission.
Disclaimer For Readers
Ghanascholarship.net only gather’s authentic information on the web to compile credible readable text for our cherished readers.
We advice you to do more research before using information on this blog for decision making.
Again, We do not provide scholarship for students, our work is simple, we search for ongoing scholarships world wide and share them with you so you can apply…Thus all
Do not hesitate to reach us via the contact us page should you detect any copyright issues or misleading information on this blog.