UEW Online Sandwich Examinations for 2019/2020 First Sandwich Session
The University of Education Winneba (UEW) online sandwich examinations schedule for the 2019/2020 first sandwich session has been announced. We wish to bring to the attention of Lecturers and sandwich students that the online sandwich examinations for the First Sandwich Session Examinations will be conducted from the 20th to the 26th of September 2020. The following guidelines have been outlined for the conduct of the sandwich examinations online via the UEW LMS platform:
CONDUCT OF 2019/2020 FIRST SANDWICH SESSION EXAMINATIONS (ONLINE)
- All general courses for undergraduate programmes shall be carried out online on the UEW-LMS.
- All faculty and departmental courses shall be in the form of take-home papers.
- All post-graduate end-of-semester examinations shall be in the form of take-home papers.
- All take home papers should be given to students effective 14th September, 2020 and no later than 19th September, 2020.
- All take-home paper submissions by students shall be done through the LMS Moodle platform.
Deans, HoDs, Examination Officers and Graduate Coordinators are to liaise with the IT Directorate and the Student Records Office (SRO) to facilitate the conduct of the sandwich examinations via the LMS.
Facts abaout UEW
The University of Education, Winneba (UEW) was established in September, 1992 as a University College under PNDC Law 322. On 14th May, 2004 the University of Education Act, Act 672 was enacted to upgrade the status of the University College of Education of Winneba to the status of a full University.
The University College of Education of Winneba brought together seven diploma awarding colleges located in different towns under one umbrella institution. These Colleges were the Advanced Teacher Training College, the Specialist Training College and the National Academy of Music, all at Winneba; the School of Ghana Languages, Ajumako; the College of Special Education, Akwapim-Mampong; the Advanced Technical Training College, Kumasi; and the St. Andrews Agricultural Training College, Mampong-Ashanti.
The three sites in Winneba now referred to as the Winneba campus is the seat of the Vice-Chancellor with satellite campuses at Kumasi, Mampong and Ajumako.