- A good first degree, preferably second class lower or better (or a Final Grade Point Average of at least 2.0), in a relevant field of study at the University of Ghana or any recognized/accredited University. Applicants with third class may be considered for admission based on work experience and other qualifications.
For more details in respect of Admission Requirements, applicants are advised to contact the implementing Department/School/Institute/Centre for additional information on the various programmes.
PROGRAMME- SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND OTHER DETAILS
- MA Public Affairs
A minimum of three years working experience in a private or a public sector is required from prospective applicants. Applicants must also pass an entrance examination and an interview.
2. MA Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)Applicants for this programme must be people teaching English at the basic, secondary and tertiary levels.
3. MSc in Accounting and FinanceApplicants must either hold a good first degree in any of the following areas: Accounting, Commerce and Finance or a Professional Accounting qualification.
Applicants with non-accounting (e.g. science, humanities etc.) degree may also be considered but they will be taken through access courses for a semester before they progress to the main programme.
4. MSc in Financial Risk ManagementApplicants must have background in any of the following areas: Finance, Risk Management, Insurance, Actuarial Science, Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics and Physics.
5. MA in Contemporary English StudiesThe programme is intended for persons in any field of study, including journalists, public relations personnel, business executives, teachers and public servants. One does not need a degree in English to apply.
6. MSc. in GeoInformation ScienceA minimum of three years working experience in the private or public sector is required from prospective applicants. Applicants must be computer literate and familiar with fundamentals of RS/GIS principles. Applicants may be required to also pass an interview.
7. MSc. Actuarial ScienceThe programme is appropriate for individuals with strong mathematical aptitude, i.e. a formal background in mathematics, statistics and Economics, who wish to advance in the
actuarial profession. It is also appropriate for those working as entry-level actuaries who wish to prepare for Actuarial Professional examinations within the context of a structured academic programme.
MSc Actuarial Science – GH¢4,971.50 per semester
Other Non-Business Programmes – GH¢4,573.50 per semester
Business School Programmes – GHS16, 820.00 (GHS 8410.00 per semester)
PROVISIONAL FEES -INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
MSc. Actuarial Science
West African Nationals – $2,733.00 per semester
Other African Nationals -$3,476.00 per semester
Non-African Nationals -$4,589.00 per semester
Business School Programmes:
Foreign, ECOWAS and other Africans – USD 7,400.00 for the year; USD 3,700.00 per sandwich semester)
Other Non-Business Programmes:
West African Nationals – $2,424.00 per semester
Other African Nationals -$3,042.00 per semester
Non-African Nationals -$3,970.00 per semester
Dates for entrance examinations will be communicated to applicants for the following programmes:
MA Public Affairs – Department of Political Science MA Theatre Arts – Department of Theatre Arts
- Ghanaian Nationals applying in Ghana
University of Ghana application e-vouchers can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for GH¢200.00 at the following banks: Zenith Bank, Merchant Bank, Ecobank, HFC Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Unibank, Ghana Commercial Bank and Fidelity Bank. Applicants should follow carefully the instructions on the voucher when completing the online application form.
Applicants who did not graduate from the University of Ghana must submit the
following documents online (Scan and Attach):
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application.
Applicants who graduated from this university (University of Ghana) should scan and attach only their Bachelor’s degree certificates to their applications.
All applicants who graduated from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should indicate their ‘STUDENT IDENTITY NUMBERS’on their forms before submission.
- International applicants and Ghanaians applying from abroad
This category of applicants should use the following links to access the online application form for completion and submission:
All applicants are expected to pay to the University, a non-refundable application processing fee of US$110.00.
All foreign students should make their payments using the following options as applicable:
- Account Name: University of Ghana Fees Collection (FOREX) – For payments in Ghana
- Account Name: University of Ghana Fees Collection (FOREIGN) – For payments outside Ghana
Account No.: 0161094409780403; Swift Code: ECOCGHAC
The third payment option is-
The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates and transcripts should be scanned and attached to the application form before submission. The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application.
Note that no application will be processed without proof- of – payment of the fee.
Cost of E-voucher
International Applicants and Ghanaians applying from abroad US$ 110.00
All further enquiries should be sent to the addresses below:
The School Administrator
School of Graduate Studies
University of Ghana Legon.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Also for specific enquiries on the University of Ghana Business School programmmes, kindly call any of the following telephone numbers:
APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THAT THEIR ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ARE CORRECTLY FILLED AND RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGED ON SUBMISSION. ENSURE THAT CORRECT ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE PROVIDED. YOU MUST ALSO PRINT AND KEEP A COPY OF THE APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED ONLINE. APPLICANTS WOULD NEED IT DURING REGISTRATION IF ADMITTED AND FOR VERIFICATION PURPOSES.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING DEADLINES AND ADHERE TO THEM STRICTLY
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ON-LINE APPLICATIONS FOR ALL PROGRAMMES UNDER THIS ARRANGEMENT IS TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2021