The UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the use of ICT in education is now accepting candidatures. The theme of the 2021 edition is the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to enhance the continuity and quality of learning.
Technology innovations fueled by AI have the potential to locate and reach excluded and marginalized groups and provide quality learning programmes for learners in emergency contexts or learners with physical and cognitive disabilities.
AI technologies can also help accurately analyze difficulties faced by students studying in a language other than their mother tongue. At the same time, they can support teachers with a better diagnosis of learning problems and personally adaptive feedback to improve pedagogical responses.
About United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. It seeks to build peace through international cooperation in Education, the Sciences and Culture. UNESCO’s programmes contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals defined in Agenda 2030, adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2015. Political and economic arrangements of governments are not enough to secure the lasting and sincere support of the peoples. Peace must be founded upon dialogue and mutual understanding.
UNESCO Prize for the use of ICT in education
Aim and Benefits of UNESCO Prize for the use of ICT in education
Two winners will be selected by the Director-General of UNESCO based on the recommendations of an international Jury, and each winner will receive a reward of USD 25,000 and a diploma.
Requirements for UNESCO Prize for the use of ICT in education Qualification
Any individual, institution, or non-governmental organization (NGO) with an established ongoing project relevant to the specific theme of the year i.e. that use AI-powered solutions to enhance the continuity and quality of learning.
- The project should be ongoing for at least for 1 year
- The project and its organization should not be affiliated to UNESCO or receive any funding from UNESCO
- The technology solutions used by the project should be designed completely for public good or for charitable purposes, meaning that they should not be the free parts of commercial applications or application packages that only offer limited functions free of charge while requesting users to pay for advanced functions
- Relevance to the Thematic Focus: The project is in line with the objectives of the Prize and is relevant to the specific theme of the year
- Innovation: The project applies innovative technologies and Artificial Intelligence (AI)-enhanced solutions or blends AI and conventional technologies in a new innovative way
- Evidence of Impact: The project should provide evidence of improved learning outcomes of the targeted beneficiaries
- Potential for Replicability and Scalability: The project should show evidence that it can be replicated in other contexts or have the potential to further optimize and scale its impact
- Inclusion and Equity: The project should use AI or innovative technologies to advance inclusion and equity in education, while taking into account marginalized groups, leaners in crises and emergencies contexts and learners with physical or cognitive disabilities
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
December 18, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) on forms.office.com to apply
- The applicants should fist request the access to the online platform and then fill in an online form.
- For the application to be considered, it should be nominated by either the National Commission of the UNESCO Member State or an NGO in official partnership with UNESCO.
- All applicants are encouraged to get in touch with the NGO or National Commission ahead of the application process. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
For more information contact: [email protected]
For more details, visit unesco website
Disclaimer For Readers
Ghanascholarship.net only gather’s authentic information on the web to compile credible readable text for our cherished readers.
We advice you to do more research before using information on this blog for decision making.
Again, We do not provide scholarship for students, our work is simple, we search for ongoing scholarships world wide and share them with you so you can apply…Thus all
Do not hesitate to reach us via the contact us page should you detect any copyright issues or misleading information on this blog.