United Nations Academic Impact Millennium Fellowship
The Application for the Class of 2021 is now open for undergraduate students around to the world.
The United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are partnering on the Millennium Fellowship. The Millennium Fellowship convenes, challenges, and celebrates student leadership for UN goals on campuses worldwide. The program is free for accepted applicants. Applications for the Class of 2021 will open in Fall 2021 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis for a limited number of Fellowships, so early applications are encouraged.
The program will run on campuses worldwide from August to November where cohorts of 8-20 Millennium Fellows have been selected. Feedback and stories of student impact will be submitted by December 2021. You can learn more about the Millennium Fellowship here with additional content here.
UN Academic Impact Millennium Undergraduate
Aim and Benefits of UN Academic Impact Millennium Undergraduate
- The Millennium Fellowship exists to help provide undergraduate leaders with the community and platform to take concrete actions for UN goals
- There is no registration fee to apply to or participate in this program for the Class of 2021.
- All admitted Millennium Fellows are supported in engaging on their respective campuses for the duration of the Fellowship.
Requirements for UN Academic Impact Millennium Undergraduate Qualification
- You must be at least 18 years old, an undergraduate enrolled in a college or university, and in good standing at that academic institution for the duration of the program.
- You make a commitment to convene in-person least eight times during the Millennium Fellowship (for 2021 the program will run August-December) with your Campus Directors and other Fellows on your campus to share best practices and take collective action. Students have to meet on-campus, in-person for the Fellowship sessions. If you miss sessions, this is grounds for expulsion and the forfeiture of your designation as a Millennium Fellow. Campus Directors have additional responsibilities as noted in FAQs section on “Campus Director Applicants.”
- Note: We aim to accept at least eight Millennium Fellows from each Campus Hub (with two Campus Directors). Most Campus Hubs will typically have 8-20 Millennium Fellows. The Fellowship is about forming community; therefore we encourage you to share the program with other prospective Fellows on your campus and encourage them to apply as well.
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) on www.millenniumfellows.org to apply
- Step 1: Apply (as soon as you can) to become a Millennium Fellow.
- Step 2: Convene, Challenge, and Celebrate.
- Step 3: Join Our Alumni Community.
If someone attempts to charge you to apply to and/or participate in this program, please do not pay. Please report this immediately at [email protected] or by Facebook message.
For more details, visit UNAI website