University of Health and Allied Sciences Recruitment 2020. The University of Health and Allied Sciences invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the following position.
University of Health and Allied Sciences Recruitment 2020
Position 1: Director of ICT
Reporting to: Registrar
Effective Date: January 1, 2021
The applicant must:
a. be of at least Deputy Director of ICT status from an academic/research institution or from industry and eligible for appointment as such. OR
b. possess a Master’s degree in Computer Science or any other ICT related discipline with a minimum of 12 years relevant working experience at management level. Certification with a recognised professional body will be an added advantage.
c. In addition, the applicant must have:
- Considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function within the Higher Education Sector;
- Good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues in top-level University management and administration;
- High-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership.
DutiesThe Director of ICT shall:
- be responsible for the overall development and delivery of information and communication technology services to the University, including systems security and power supply systems;
- undertake data centre operations, server administration, technical support of computer laboratories, large area networks, wide area networks, network administration, email services and internet access;
- establish links with other institutions of higher education, national and international organizations for the purpose of developing information and communication technology education;
- undertake the training of end-users of information and communication technology including, but not limited to, lecturers, researchers, students and employees of the University;
- have responsibility for the overall management of student access to and use of all computers at information and communication technology centres, faculties, halls of residence and any other facilities of the University; and.
- Perform such other functions relating to information and communication technology as shall be determined by management of the University
The Director of ICT shall serve a term of four years and shall be eligible for the appointment for another term up to four years only.
Method of Application
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to the REGISTRAR, UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES, PMB 31, Ho, Ghana (hard copy); or by attachment to [email protected]
The application dossier should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB 2) to be downloaded from the University’s website: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae
- Names of three referees
- Vision Statement of up to 3-pages (font size 12, single spacing) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Friday September 4, 2020.
Share your thoughts with us on University of Health and Allied Sciences Recruitment 2020 Below