The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), with financing provided by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), supports academic qualification measures for individuals from developing countries who participate in the In-Country / In-Region Programme.
The training course will be open for students on master’s level or PhD students of all disciplines. Especially welcome are students from economics and social sciences. The course will focus on four key areas:
- Innovation Management
- Entrepreneurship Promotion
- Participatory Teaching Methods
- Academic Writing and Research Project Development
About German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
DAAD scholarship in Germany is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art) . The DAAD itself does not offer programs of study or courses, but awards competitive, merit-based grants for use toward study and/or research in Germany at any of the accredited German institutions of higher education.
Summer School Scholarships
Aim and Benefits of Summer School Scholarships
During the attendance phase of the training, participants will be guests of Leipzig University. Following expenses will be covered by the DAAD:
- Course costs: 4.500 €.
- Travel costs: Flights (economy class) to and from Germany and ground travel to and from Leipzig according to maximum reimbursement rates depending on the country of origin.
- Your 2 weeks stay will be financed with 600,00 € total (accommodation in gender divided shared apartments as well as partial living costs will be covered by this amount). The accommodation will be very central in Leipzig in apartments with 3 to 5 people each. In the apartments you will find double rooms. The apartments come with kitchens so you can prepare your own food if you wish. You will be able to use the university library if you need to work after class.
- You will be invited to participate in a number of joint meals.
- A local transportation ticket for Leipzig will be provided.
- Visa costs: For those of you who have to pay the visa fees, you will have to pre-finance the visa fee, but it will be reimbursed in Germany based on the original receipt.
- Emergency health, accident and liability insurance – please note: In some cases, part of the cost of treatment is at your own expense. Especially dental treatment is not fully covered. Coverage with regard to pregnancy-related issues is very limited.
- Costs for additional mobile data bundles (e.g. for Zoom lectures).
Expected co-funding: Participants or participants’ home institutions are expected to cover local transportation in their home countries and per diems (if applicable) for the stay in Germany.
Requirements for Summer School Scholarships Qualification
The Project Development for Knowledge Transfer training is targeting advanced students on master’s or PhD level of all disciplines from developing countries. The programme is especially of interest to those who have an interest in setting up their own business or implementing their own ideas as development projects.
The key criteria are:
- Applicants are active scholarship holders of the DAAD’s In-Country/In-Region Programme as of 1st January 2021 (if your scholarship expires before or starts after that date, participation is not possible).
- Applicants should hold at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Active and excellent English language skills (speaking and writing) are indispensable as the language of communication of the summer school will be English. If you are not sure about your level of fluency and/or the suitability of your documents, please contact the coordinators at the university in charge.
- The provision of international experience will be considered an asset.
- Please mind that participation is possible only once: if you have joined one of the In-Country/In-Region programme’s summer schools in the last years, it will not be possible to participate again in 2021. You may submit an application for up to two DAAD summer schools in 2021. However, participation will only be possible in one of them.
- The programme aims to achieve a fair gender balance amongst the participants. Further, it is foreseen that the group represents a balance of master’s students and PhD candidates.
- People with disability are explicitly encouraged to apply! Should you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the coordinators at the university or the team at the DAAD.
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
Documents Required for Application
- Project Idea Canvas
- Letter of endorsement
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
- Proof of excellent English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate)
- Copy of passport (Please name this file as Passport_Name_Surname)
- CV (Please name this file as CV_Name_Surname)
December 7, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) on umfrage.uni-leipzig.de to apply
To apply for the training, the below steps need to be followed:
- Submission of application via the online application form.
- Submission of documents via email (pdf files) to the programme coordinator septschool(at)uni-leipzig.de. The subject of the email should be “Application Summer School 2021 – Name Surname”. Please name the files as indicated in brackets in this list. Kindly use name and surname as indicated in your passport. The project idea canvas and a sample of the Letter of Endorsement can be downloaded from the webpage listed under step 1.
For more details, visit Leipzig University website
Disclaimer For Readers
Ghanascholarship.net only gather’s authentic information on the web to compile credible readable text for our cherished readers.
We advice you to do more research before using information on this blog for decision making.
Again, We do not provide scholarship for students, our work is simple, we search for ongoing scholarships world wide and share them with you so you can apply…Thus all
Do not hesitate to reach us via the contact us page should you detect any copyright issues or misleading information on this blog.