The call for applications for IARC Postdoctoral Fellowships in 2021–2023 is now open.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2021.
About the Award: Over more than 50 years, the IARC Fellowship Programme has trained more than 600 rigorously selected early career scientists from more than 80 countries. Since 2005, IARC Postdoctoral Fellowships have been tenable only at the Agency. For this call, only early career scientists from low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) are eligible to apply.
Eligible Field(s): Candidates are required to prepare their research proposal in line with IARC’s three emerging priorities, as stated below:
- Evolving cancer risk factors and populations in transition: IARC host Section/Group: Cancer Surveillance (CSU), Genetic Epidemiology (GEP), Genetic Cancer Susceptibility (GCS), Biomarkers (BMA), Nutritional Epidemiology (NEP), Nutritional Methodology and Biostatistics (NMB), Epigenetics (EGE), Molecular Mechanisms and Biomarker (MMB), Environment and Radiation (ENV), Infections and Cancer Epidemiology (ICE)
- Implementation research: IARC host Section/Group: Environment and Radiation (ENV), Infections and Cancer Epidemiology (ICE), Nutritional Epidemiology (NEP), Prevention and Implementation (PRI), Screening (SCR), Infections and Cancer Biology (ICB)
- Economic and societal impacts of cancer: IARC host Section/Group: Cancer Surveillance (CSU), Genetic Epidemiology (GEP), Nutritional Epidemiology (NEP), Nutritional Methodology and Biostatistics (NMB), Environment and Radiation (ENV), Screening (SCR)
Proposals focusing on cancer and COVID-19 will also be considered (IARC host Section: Cancer Surveillance (CSU)).
Interdisciplinary projects are encouraged. Candidates should contact the IARC Host Group of their choice before applying in order to interact closely to establish a research proposal of mutual interest, within the framework of the above-mentioned research areas. For each Section/Group precise contact information is available in “General information” under the “Staff” tab: http://www.iarc.fr/en/research-groups/index.php).
Eligibility: Only candidates from LMIC are eligible (according to the World Bank Classification list). All candidates are required to have finished their doctoral degree within five years of the closing date for application, or must be in the final year of their doctoral degree (their degree must have been awarded by the time of starting their Fellowship). Candidates with a MD are also eligible to apply on condition that their research experience can be considered equivalent to that of a candidate with a doctoral degree. The working languages at IARC are English and French. Candidates must be proficient in English at a level sufficient for scientific communication. Candidates currently at IARC as fully-funded postdoctoral scientists, or candidates who have been at the Agency as a postdoctoral scientist or a doctoral student for a period greater than six months, cannot be considered.
Eligible Countries: Low & Middle-income Countries (LMICs)
To be Taken at (Country): Fellowships are tenable at the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) in Lyon, France.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Fellowships should be taken up before the end of 2021 (flexibility will be granted according to the global health situation).
- The current IARC postdoctoral stipend is € 2,820 per month.
- The cost of travel for the successful candidate, and in certain circumstances for dependants, will be met, a dependant’s allowance and a training allowance paid, and health insurance covered, within IARC’s maximum liability.
- Depending on certain conditions, Fellows from LMIC countries will be able to apply for an IARC return grant of max. € 10,000 during the second year of their Fellowship in order to start up an independent research programme linked to IARC’s activities upon return to their LMI country of origin.
Duration of Award: The fellowship is for a period of two years (a brief interim report during the 1st year of the Fellowship as well as a final report at the end will be required).
How to Apply: Applications are to be submitted online by 30 November 2021.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Disclaimer For Readers
Ghanascholarship.net only gather’s authentic information on the web to compile credible readable text for our cherished readers.
We advice you to do more research before using information on this blog for decision making.
Again, We do not provide scholarship for students, our work is simple, we search for ongoing scholarships world wide and share them with you so you can apply…Thus all
Do not hesitate to reach us via the contact us page should you detect any copyright issues or misleading information on this blog.