The competition is a way to engage Africa’s youth and provide a platform for them to share their views—and solutions—about development topics that are important to them. In 2018, it became a regional competition, open to young citizens from all 48 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Based on the situation in your country, answer the following question: How can young people work with their governments and civil society organizations to respond to the impact of COVID-19 and build a stronger post-pandemic economic and social system?
About World Bank
With 189 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership: five institutions working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries. Together, IBRD and IDA form the World Bank, which provides financing, policy advice, and technical assistance to governments of developing countries. IDA focuses on the worldï¿½s poorest countries, while IBRD assists middle-income and creditworthy poorer countries. While our five institutions have their own country m…… read
World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition
- OrganisationWorld Bank
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study
- State of Origin
Men and Women
- Application Deadline
November 30, 2021
Aim and Benefits of World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition
- Winning authors are eligible for several prizes, including an invitation to attend a dedicated program during the World Bank-IMF Spring Meetings 2021 (if the health situation improves)
- Opportunities to represent Africa’s youth at high-level events
- A chance to intern at a World Bank country office, or an opportunity to have their blog published on the World Bank blog Youth Transforming Africa.
Requirements for World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition Qualification
To be eligible for the #Blog4Dev competition, you must:
- Be a citizen of one of the 48 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 28 on November 30, 2021;
- Not have been a winner of previous editions.
The winning submissions will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Clarity in writing and presentation;
- Practicality and relevance;
- Potential impact on development.
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
November 30, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to World Bank on fr.surveymonkey.com to apply
Submit your original blog entry, written in English, French, or Portuguese, detailing your ideas about addressing the impact of COVID-19 and building a stronger post-pandemic economic and social system by November 30, 2021.
For more details, visit World Bank website