In response to the ACE Partner call under the World Bank African Centres of Excellence (ACE) Impact project, seven ACEs have jointly established the West African Network of Infectious Diseases ACEs (WANIDA) to facilitate interactions, collaborations and networking among the infectious diseases ACEs, other health-related ACEs and non-ACE institutions in the sub-region, with an aim to address the inadequacies of existing health systems across Africa for responding to significant public health threats. WANIDA seeks to promote greater cooperation between the participating institutions to pursue high quality research and excellence in training, with focus on the etiology of febrile illnesses across West Africa, and developing mechanisms for sharing research resources and technical expertise.
In line with its training mandate, the West African Network of Infectious Diseases ACEs (WANIDA) is accepting fellowship applications under the ACEPartner project for regional students enrolled in Master’s and PhD programmes at the following African Centres of Excellence (ACE):
- West African Centre for Cell Biology of Infectious Pathogens (WACCBIP), University of Ghana, Legon, Accra, Ghana
- Africa Centre of Excellence for Mycotoxin and Food Safety (ACEMFS), Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria
- Africa Centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases (ACEGID), Redeemer’s University Nigeria, Ede, Nigeria
- Africa Centre of Excellence for Neglected Tropical Diseases and Forensic Biology (ACENTDFB), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria
- Africa Centre of Excellence for Population Health and Policy (ACEPHAP), Bayero University Kano, Kano, Nigeria
- Centre d’Excellence Africain en Innovations Biotechnologiques pour l’Élimination des Maladies à Transmission Vectorielle (ITECH-MTV), Université Nazi Boni, Burkina Faso
- Centre d’Excellence Africain – Prévention et Contrôle des Maladies Transmissibles (CEA-PCMT) Université Gamal Abdel Nasser, Conakry, Guinée,
Aim and Benefits of WANIDA Master’s & PhD Fellowships
The successful Master’s / PhD fellow will be supported with a partial scholarship, which can be applied towards:
- Research costs
Requirements for WANIDA Master’s & PhD Fellowships Qualification
To be considered for a fellowship, applicants must:
- Be an African national enrolled as a regional student (non-national) in one of the above-listed ACEs in the 2021/2022 academic year
- Be interested in working on one of the following priority disease areas: COVID-19, HIV, malaria, tuberculosis, Ebola, Mycobacterial infections, neglected tropical diseases, food-borne pathogens
Each application will be evaluated by the WANIDA Scholarship Committee. Candidates will be contacted by email.
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
Documents Required for Application
Applicants are required to include as part of their applications:
- Completed application form
- Summary of research proposal including plans for partnership (s) with other ACE (s), budget and timelines (maximum 2 pages)
- Letter of motivation (maximum 1 page)
- Endorsement from current supervisor and ACE Center Leader
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- Proof of registration in current academic year or letter of admission
- Official transcript from most recent degree
December 5, 2021
How to Apply
For more details, visit waccbip website
Disclaimer For Readers
Ghanascholarship.net only gather’s authentic information on the web to compile credible readable text for our cherished readers.
We advice you to do more research before using information on this blog for decision making.
Again, We do not provide scholarship for students, our work is simple, we search for ongoing scholarships world wide and share them with you so you can apply…Thus all
Do not hesitate to reach us via the contact us page should you detect any copyright issues or misleading information on this blog.